Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just me talking

This past weekend I worked at the Austin Wizard World Comic Con. Two days and crazy amounts of photos. I was happy that I was able to sit in on the James Marsters panel after I got photos. The line outside of that was amazing and I'm kind of glad I didn't have to sit there waiting in line. I also got to talk to him the day before when he was doing his signings and he's pretty cool. There were a lot of really awesome artists there, some I recognized from other events and places, others I got to discover and talk to.

I kind of wish I had seen the Star Wars movies before I had gone though. All of my knowledge of Star Wars has come from the Lego Star Wars games and my friends who have told me about certain parts. Oh, and probably the internet. I did recognize Peter Mayhew (who plays Chewbacca) probably because he's over 7 feet tall. I actually went outside and smoked with him, which I have now crossed off my "done list". Then there was Daniel Logan (who played little Boba Fett) who kept hitting on me. He did it throughout the day and ended up calling me a bitch because I turned him down. It made me laugh.

I'm about 18,500 words in to my NaNoWriMo novel and should be able to get to where I should be soon. One of the things that has helped me get more words is that I have changed my character's name to a double name. The story is going a little bit different than I originally planned, because my original story was more of a short story. I really don't know how I've gotten so many words written, managed to work the whole weekend at Comic Con and have read 2 1/2 books just in the last week.

Speaking of books, I finally got around to reading Paper Towns by John Green. By "finally gotten around to reading it" I mean that my library had it again and I was able to get it. Anyway, I thought it was a really good book. I read it the first thing in the morning after I checked it out of the library. Now I'm reading Looking For Alaska, one of John Green's other books. So far I like it, but it hasn't really got my attention as much as Paper Towns did.

I'm also re-reading the Harry Potter series. Last night I watched the last movie on DVD and yelled at it a bit less than I did the two times I saw it in theaters. I also watched The Goblet of Fire and half of The Order of the Phoenix the night before. I'm not going to watch the movies again until I'm finished re-reading all of the books. Although I do have to get all of the DVDs within the next month because they are going in to some crazy vault of doom... but it doesn't mean I have to watch them right away.

Apparently I have a lot to write about over here. It's probably because I haven't written a blog in a while. I should be taking all of this writing time over to my novel. It is going to be another busy week. The comedy series is finally going to start filming and I need to get a bunch of my ideas written out and organized...

No comments:

Post a Comment