Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9th

Submarine was a really good movie. It makes me feel creative and want to start making short films again. The film was beautiful, it was really nice to see a style that looked different from every other movie out there right now. It was funny in a different way too, subtle funny, but usually that's funnier to me than completely out there funny. It's good to see a movie like that, most of the time I just watch random stuff on Netflix.

This weekend I watched Night Watch, which was kind of trippy, but an interesting movie, wasn't bad. I didn't really read the description beforehand, I guess, but I really didn't think it was going to be a vampire movie. The whole thing didn't really seem like it was one of those vampire-y movies though, if that makes sense at all. Apparently it's the first in a series and I'm kind of interested in the others, so I might check them out, but none of them are on Netflix instant. Then I watched I Saw The Devil, which wasn't bad either, but it was really long and it was pretty gory. It actually had a pretty creepy storyline. I find things that could actually happen scarier than the fantasy type horror films. Still, I didn't think the movie was too scary. Maybe I've just lost the ability to get freaked out by movies. I think the creepiest movie for me is still Cape Fear... the Robert DeNiro version. Stalkers always give me the heebie jeebies!

I also finished Torchwood: Miracle Day. I'm happy I actually felt like finishing that season, because I was so uninterested in the first half. Everything really came together in the end and I thought it was pretty good. Nothing made much sense until the last three or four episodes. I think it could have been a little more interesting at the end. I'm not giving any spoilers, but the whole blessing wasn't as exciting as I was hoping. The very end of the show was actually pretty cool, although it was pretty predictable. Most of the last episode was predictable for me though. The only thing I really don't like is the whole Starz involvement in all of it, I really wish it was just BBC. The new characters turned out to not be as bad as I first thought they all were. Still, I just want them to go back to Wales!

I have some ideas for my next vlog, YouTube video, whatever it turns out to be, but I don't know when I will actually be able to film it. The house is pretty crowded, it's raining outside (so that's not really an option) and I have to keep studying for the math test. This video is going to take a bit more work than my previous videos and I'm actually going to upload it in HD. I'm going to take the extra time, which really just means leaving my computer on for like two hours to upload. So, yeah, the uploading could be going on when I'm doing other things. The actual filming may take a little while though. I think I may just do a short video this week, because I want to do something and then do the other one the week after or something.

Pretty sure the upcoming week is going to bring a spurt of creativity. I have really needed it for a long while and I have been wondering where it has gone. In the past week or so I have been writing in my actual journal about two pages a day, along with writing here. It's a bit different in there, it's the really random ranting that I just like to write out and not really make public. There aren't any super secret things inside, I just like having a place I can write to myself. I really don't read it back too often, maybe every couple of years. I have mountains (okay, small mountains) of used notebooks from journals past. I probably have about 35, I would guess. They're all in boxes now and it's been a pretty long time since I last read any of them. I think it would be interesting to look back at teenage me. That would probably scare me more than any of these horror movies I've been trying to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment